Monday, June 11, 2007

The Cat Cam


"Sometimes I have some challenging ideas, or crazy like some other people would say. This time I thought about our cat who is the whole day out, returning sometimes hungry sometimes not, sometimes with traces of fights, sometimes he stay also the night out.

When he finally returns, I wonder where he was and what he did during his day. This brought me to the idea to equip the cat with a camera. The plan was to put a little camera around his neck which takes every few minutes a picture. After he is returning, the camera would show his day. First I thought about transmitting live pictures from a remote RF camera, but the equipment is too expensive and battery consumption is too high."

So the idea was born and split into these parts:

  • find small, lightweight, inexpensive digital camera
  • develop a controller for the camera
  • protect the camera from cat attack
  • mount equipment to cat
Look, is there a cat meeting under the car?

No comments: